I can’t thank whoever invented chipotle mayo enough (probably some stoner who thought, “what if I combined mayo and hot sauce?”). I can proudly say that it has changed my life for the better. Gone are the days of, “Can you pass the ketchup?” – it’s now, “Pass the goddamn chipotle!” It goes well on everything and if you aren’t in the chipotle game, it’s time to start playing my friends. I dip my fries in it, put it on sandwiches, steak, chicken, EVERYTHING. Don’t get me wrong, I still love ketchup, but there’s nothing like the flavour that chipotle brings to the table. Wherever I eat, I always ask for a side of chipotle mayo – who cares if it’s a dollar extra. It’s a dollar well spent, I promise.
My love for chipotle mayo hasn’t gone unnoticed. In fact, at camp, I have been nicknamed “ChipotleNak”. If the chipotle mayo isn’t out on the condiments table, I literally storm into the kitchen and grab the whole jug. It’s absolutely unacceptable not to put out chipotle mayo. What’s chicken burgers without chipotle mayo? Or better yet, sweet potato fries? To the kitchen staff at Timberlane who definitely aren’t reading this, if that chipotle mayo isn’t out on the condiments table, be prepared to face my wrath.
Here are my 5 reasons why you need to hop on the chipotle mayo train:
- It’s really good
- It levels up any sandwich – adding some much needed flavour
- It’s easy to make – mayo + hot sauce = chipotle mayo
- All the cool kids are doing it
- It’s really good
Here are my top 3 best chipotle mayo’s:
- Steve’s Restaurant – Toronto, Ontario: The last place you’d expect to find chipotle mayo in general, in fact has the best I have ingested to date. It’s got the perfect texture and hands down the best mayo/hot sauce ratio out there. I doubt they make it themselves – it’s probably store bought – either way, it’s dope and I’m going to continue to eat it. Put that shit on anything, I guarantee it makes it 10 times better. Thank me later.
- The Black Camel – Toronto, Ontario: I know what you’re thinking, “Who goes to camel and DOESN’T get their famous BBQ sauce.” This isn’t a knock on their BBQ sauce, it really is fantastic, but their chipotle mayo is just that much better. In fact, my sandwich order is brisket with cheese, caramelized onions and EXTRA CHIPOTLE!!!!! Next time you go, try it. You wont regret it. Regardless, they hands down have the best brisket sandwich in Toronto – it’s not even close.
- The Cheesecake Factory – All locations: Fuck the cheesecake, it’s all about their chipotle mayo. It comes on the side with the fried chicken sliders and fuck me is it good.
If this hasn’t convinced you to add chipotle mayo to your diet then you must be insane. Eat, drink, sleep chipotle mayo.
Disagree with Adam? Comment your thoughts below!
Don’t forget to follow SportsNak on Facebook and Twitter, and Adam on Instagram: @sportsnak_adam